Here at The Old Cannon Brewery we have decided to treat you, the lovely people of Bury St Edmunds to the first of many monthly themed nights we have planned. Using only the best locally sourced ingredients, first up on our culinary world tour is Italy!!
Author Archives: Hannah
We are excited to announce that this year we will be offering a 2 or 3 course Christmas party menu as well our full December menu. And don’t forget we are already booking for our Christmas day lunch.
Come along and enjoy our Bar in the Yard – Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August.
Serving from 12noon – 11pm Saturday; and 12noon – 11pm Sunday. Enjoy a pint of beer in our brewery yard.
There’s live music too!
Saturday 7pm to 9pm – TBC
Sunday 2pm to 4pm – Michelle and Joe duet
Check out our Facebook page @theoldcannonbrewery for more details.
Mother’s day is Sunday 26th March, so why not treat mum to our 3 course meal at The Old Cannon. Lots of lovely lunch dishes to choose from – so check out our menu on our eat page. To book, give us a call on 01284 768769; or book online via the link on our eat page.
Visiting Bury St Edmunds over the market weekend? Why not come take a break from the bustling crowds and come and visit us on Cannon Steet? – No need to book, we are open all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday serving food all day from 12noon to 9pm (6pm on Sunday). Happy Shopping #supportyourlocal
Grand National Sweepstake – are you in?
Many Clouds – Fred
Silviniaco Conti – Jim F
First Lieutenant – Chris Waters
Wonderful Charm – Lennie
Ballynagour – Bert
O’Faolains boy – Patsi Barnes
Gilgamboa – Colin Gray
On his own – Emma G
The Druids Nephew – Roland
Triolo D’Alene – Robin
Rocky Creek – Guy
Sir Des Champs – Jim F
Holywell -Phil Ayres
Shutthefrontdoor – Linda K
Soll – Jim F
Buywise – Hannah & Garry
Boston Bob – Brian Catton
Aachen – Fred
Morning Assembly – Gregor
Double Ross – Charlie G
Goonyella – Jim F
Ucello Conti – Rachel H
Unioniste – John Morti
Le Reve – Sammy K
Gallant Oscar – Peter Barnes
Onenightinvienna – Steve Flint
The Last Samuir – Graham K
Kruzhlinin – Chloe Waters
Rule the world – Bert
Just a Par – David A
Katenko – Sue Shand
Vics Canvas – Candy Baines
Black Thunder – Phil Ayres
Ballycasey – Jim F
Hadrian’s Approach – Lennie
Vieux Lion Rouge – Penny W
Pendra – David A
Saint Are – Jim W
Home Farm – Robin
The Romford Pele – Jack K
We are looking for an outgoing, positive and hard-working Assistant Manager to join the team at The Old Cannon Brewery. If you, or someone you know has a passion for the hospitality industry, and wants to deliver excellent service to customers then check out our Blog page for full details.
A renowned independent Pub, Restaurant, Brewery and B&B in the Georgian quarter of Bury St Edmunds are looking to recruit an Assistant Manager (or Management couple) to work alongside the owners to help run this successful, complex, quirky business.
The Old Cannon Brewery is a 45 cover restaurant, 7 room B&B and 7 Barrel brewery. The current leaseholders have been running the business for the last 5 years, building its reputation as a great local’s bar; a go-to place to eat offering dishes made with locally sourced fresh ingredients; and quirky B&B with rooms named after our beers, and free beer! Our brewery has gone from strength to strength. We deliver to a vast range of pubs across East Anglia, as well as producing two unique brews for local independent pub restaurants.
We are looking for an outgoing, positive and hard-working Assistant Manager. You’ll have a passion for the hospitality industry, wanting to deliver excellent service to customers; and excellent management support to our Front of House Team.
- Ability to ‘read and recognise’ what our customers want/need/require and deliver it to them. This to us is what Customer Service is all about. A smile and polite manner are a given!
- A ‘want to’ work ethic – a natural do-er and problem solver, someone that does what needs doing and doesn’t compromise for an easy life.
- A leader by example –an excellent communicator, and a consistent role model for our Front of House team.
- Ambition to succeed – we want someone who passionate about the industry and keen to pursue a career in Pub/Restaurant Management; in return we’ll teach you everything we know and give you as much experience, guidance and advice as possible.
- At least 2-3 years of working in a busy bar/restaurant on a full time basis.
- Experience of using EPOS and online hotel booking systems.
- Experience of supervising or managing people; or performing in a senior Front of House role.
- £16, 500 to £18, 500 per annum depending upon experience, plus tips.
- Opportunity to learn and progress to becoming a manager.
- Live in accommodation is available locally (requirement to drive) if successful candidate is relocating to the area.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Private health care cover.
- 25% staff discount.
- Branded uniform.
- References will be required.
- Please only apply if you have the relevant experience and desire to carry out this role.
- If your CV doesn’t reflect the experience and attitude we are looking for then it’s unlikely that we will respond to you – if you haven’t’ heard back from us in a couple of weeks than you have been unsuccessful.
- If you’d like to have a chat about the role, our business, or us then please do give Hannah Clark a call on 01284 768769.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
Fancy a short break in this Spring? If so, then we are offering a fantastic weekend deal throughout February and March (Excludes Easter week-end). Stay any night(s) Friday to Sunday for only £95 B&B for two people per night – usually priced at £130 per night!
This rate is for double occupancy and includes a full Suffolk breakfast.
Visit our stay page for more details, or book online using the check availability button at the top of the page.
30th December 2015 – We’ve been advised that there is a fault on our phone line! For all enquiries please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org